Last Updated: September 7, 2021
How We Collect Your Information
Information You Provide. We collect any information that you provide when you use the Service.
- Registration and Profile Information. If you elect to register an Account with the Service, you must provide us with certain information, such as your name, email address, age and gender, and you must select at least one genre predesignated by LÜM that interests you. You may optionally provide additional profile information such as phone number, photos and biographical information. You may also register and log into the Service using credentials from a supported third party website such as Facebook, Google, or Apple. These third party websites provide us your name, age, gender, profile photo, and email address. We may also obtain other non-public information from these third party websites with your permission.
LÜM also offers a peer-to-peer artist driven marketplace on our web platform (“the Exchange”). If you choose to register for the Exchange, you provide us with additional information, such as your title, bio, featured photo, experience and credits, featured media, and any other information you provide in setting up your Exchange profile. Users may also create official homes for superfans (“Clubs”). If you choose to create a Club, you provide us with additional information, such as videos and general information about your Club.
- Music, Videos, and Photos. We collect the music, photos, and videos that you post using the Service, including any example, featured work, or Beats for sale on the Exchange, and any accompanying information you provide such as a description of the videos you upload. In order to upload this content you may provide us access to media stored on your mobile device. Once you have granted the LÜM mobile application such access, you may adjust this consent by managing the App’s preferences through your mobile device’s settings.
- Payment Information. If you make a purchase through our Service, your payment-related information, such as credit card or other financial information, is collected by our third party payment processor on our behalf.
- Communications and other Interactions. We collect any information you provide with your interactions with other Users on the Service. For example, we collect the comments that you make regarding videos and music and the negotiations you have with other members on the Exchange. Please be aware that these messages will be accessible to other Users and we are not responsible for the manner in which other Users use or disclose that information. We also collect information you submit through your communications with LÜM such as your communications with our customer-support team or when you sign up to receive updates regarding our services.
Information We Collect When You Use Our Service. We and our third party partners collect and store information that is generated automatically through your use of the Service.
- Device Information. We receive information from your device, including the device’s IP address and the IP address of the cell tower used to connect to the Service (if available), web browser type, mobile operating system version (to the extent applicable), and unique device identifiers. We may also collect and store your browser settings and preferences.
- Usage Information. We receive information about your interactions with our Service, such as the music you listen to, post, like, or comment on; the time spent interacting with User generated content and other features; and the dates and times of your visits.
- Location Information. In order to use the App, you must provide us with access to precise information about the location of your mobile device for searching nearby feeds and users. Once you have consented to the collection of the precise location of your mobile device, you may adjust this consent through the settings on your LÜM Account or by managing your location services preferences through the settings of your mobile device. We also collect your general location information, including zip code, on the Exchange in order to provide accurate sales tax information.
- Information from Cookies and Similar Technologies. We and our service providers collect information using cookies, pixel tags, or similar technologies. Our third party partners, such as analytics and advertising partners, may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across different services. Cookies are small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Service.
- Please review your web browser “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies from the Service, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Service to their fullest potential. We also use third party cookies on the Service. For instance, we use Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data. Google provides some additional privacy options described at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ regarding Google Analytics’ cookies.
How We Use Your Information
Service-Related Usage. We use the information we collect about and from you for a number of purposes, including: providing, supporting, promoting, and improving the Service, analyzing how you use the Service, tailoring content, and managing our network.
Communications. We may communicate with you using the information collected: (i) for customer service related purposes; or (ii) to provide you with updates or information relating to the Service or content you posted, including promotions and other opportunities. We may send you SMS text messages for security-related purposes (e.g., to verify your phone number, authenticate or recover your account). You may also choose to enable SMS and email notifications to receive updates or information relating to the content other Users post, including the content posted to a Club to which you are subscribed.
Advertising. We may use the information received from or collected about you for marketing and advertising purposes, such as developing and providing promotional and advertising materials that may be relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you.
Compliance with Law and Our Own Obligations. We may use the information collected for the following purposes: (i) to enforce our Terms or other legal rights, including intellectual property infringement; (ii) as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency; and (iii) to comply with industry standards and our policies.
Push Notifications: If you are a registered user of our Service, with your consent, we may send push notifications or alerts to your mobile device even when you are not logged in. We use push notifications to send you notifications in order to keep you informed about the Service. At any time, you can manage your push notification preferences or deactivate these notifications at any time by turning off the notification settings for the LÜM App in the device settings of your mobile device. If you choose not to receive push notifications, you may still receive in-App notifications in the notifications section within our apps.
Aggregate Data. We may de-identify and aggregate information collected through the Service and use it for any lawful purpose.
How We Share Your Information
Vendors and Service Providers. We may share any information we receive with vendors and service providers retained in connection with the provision of the Service. In addition, we use third party analytics vendors to evaluate and provide us with information about your use of the Service and third party advertising partners to show ads that we think may interest you. These analytics service providers may set and access their own cookies, pixel tags and similar technologies on the Service and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you which they may collect over time and across different online services.
User Content. Our Service is a social service in which you can find, enjoy, and share content. Your name and other profile information will always be viewable and searchable by all Users. The content you post to the Service, such as videos, photos, songs, and comments will be displayed on the Service and viewable by other Users by default. The content you post to a Club will only be accessible to Club Subscribers and the Club Creator. You can choose to make the songs or albums you upload private, and you can change these settings at any time through your account settings. In addition, we may prominently feature songs, videos, and other content that you submit via the Service. We also share the information you provide on the Exchange with other users in order to facilitate the buying and selling of Beats and other services. We are not responsible for another User’s use of your available information, so you should carefully consider whether and what to post or how you identify yourself on the Service.
Joint Marketing Partners and Cross Promotional Campaigns. LÜM may partner with third party companies and artists, including joint marketing partners to create cross-promotional campaigns and contests, and for those third parties' own direct marketing purposes. We disclose your information, including your email, to these companies or artists, and they may contact you directly about LÜM offerings or about their own offerings. To learn more about your options regarding sharing with third parties, please see the Your Preferences section below.
Advertising Partners. We work with third-party advertising partners to show you ads that we think may interest you. Some of our advertising partners are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1#!/) or the Digital Advertising Alliance (http://optout.aboutads.info/?c=2&lang=EN). If you do not wish to receive personalized ads, please visit their opt-out pages to learn about how you may opt out of receiving web-based personalized ads from member companies. You can access any settings offered by your mobile operating system to limit ad tracking, or you can install the AppChoices mobile app to learn more about how you may opt out of personalized ads in mobile apps.
As Required By Law and Similar Disclosures. We may access, preserve, and disclose your information if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (i) comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (ii) respond to your requests; or (iii) protect your, our or others’ rights, property, or safety. For the avoidance of doubt, the disclosure of your information may occur if you Post any objectionable content on or through the Service.
Consent. We may also disclose your information with your permission.
As explained in the “How We Share Your Information” section above, certain information may always be publicly available to others and other information is made publicly available to others by default. You may choose to make certain information private by accessing your account settings. You may, of course, decline to share certain information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the Service. You may update, correct, or delete your User Content or Account information at any time by accessing your Account settings. You can also opt-out of receiving further promotional messages from us by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the promotional email you receive.
Your California Privacy Rights: If you reside in California and have provided your personal information to us, you may request information once per calendar year about our disclosures of certain categories of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to us in writing at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Security of Your Information
Update Your Information or Pose a Question or Suggestion
- Live Undiscovered Music, Inc.
- ATTN: Copyright Team
- 821 East Washington Avenue
- Madison, WI 53703